Saturday, May 14, 2011

Today's Wedding Cake

Here is the wedding cake I have been working on this weekend. I think it turned out great. The bride said it was "prettier than she dreamed!" That was a pretty good complement! She wanted cream cheese icing...it is super hard to work with compared to buttercream! It melts with too much work and isn't as easy to smooth...but over all I think it looked great. She wanted the cake VERY plain with only a little design on the middle layer. The flavors were Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese filling and French Vanilla with Raspberry Cream Cheese filling. They also ordered two sheet cakes from me to be served out of the kitchen. They were white with strawberry cream cheese filling, and red velvet with strawberry filling. Both frosted with the same cream cheese filling.







1 comment:

  1. Turned out very nice Amber. I'll bet the bride was very happy.

    ReplyDelete