Saturday, March 27, 2010

Barbie Cake

This is the Barbie cake I made for my nieces 4th birthday. It was so fun to make for her, and once again I learned a lot! The dress is fondant, the drop flowers are royal icing, and everything is stuck together with butter cream. The cake underneath is strawberry (of course.) I think I will be dreaming in shades of pink tonight! Because royal icing is so flammable (learned that the hard way!) I made another small cake, covered in pink fondant, just big enough for 4 candles and the words "happy birthday." I took pictures but they were blurry and it isn't too exciting so I left it off the blog.
Barbie Cake Prices: If you provide the Barbie or want a stick Barbie (a Barbie without legs, that would have to be returned to me later) the cost is $20
If I provide the Barbie (you keep the Barbie) the cost is $30
* Please note that due to the shape of this cake, this cake doesn't come with a filling.



6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Amber. This is so amazing. GREAT job! You are getting so good at this. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazingly beautiful...don't you just love fondant? It lets you do so many cute things. Wish I could have watched you do it. I'm really glad you love doing this 'cause you're so good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Super cute and 100 times better than what I could have done! Brynlee will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So are you practicing for the my size Barbie wedding cake?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara, as soon as you have wedding plans, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete